Thursday 17 February 2011

Joel's a warrior - How God came through for his birth!

Sometime in July-Aug 2010, I had some bleeding which could be threatening to the pregnancy. Futher tests revealed that my cervix was infected with a bacteria by the name of "Group B streptococcus". Normally, this bacteria could be killed with Penicillin. However, as I was allergic to Penicillin, the other alternative was Erythromycin, something I've been taking since a child. Strangely, it did not work on killing Group B streptococcus and further tests revealed that I am already immune to Erythromycin (Bad news man..) and I was put on a stronger anti-biotics called Bactrim.

In September, further tests revealed that Bactrim cannot kill Group B streptococcus and it was still residing in my cervix. Since the bleeding had stopped by then, and Joel was growing strong, my gynae decided to leave it until 5 wks before delivery to see if Group B streptococcus is still there.

Faithfully, I prayed through the weeks and then came last week when I had to test if Group B streptococcus was there. It was 5wks to full term.

Guess the results? ***Hallelujah! God cleared the bacteria! Jesus heals! Prayer works.***

Well, Jesus heals and prayer works. BUT, the results are : Group B streptococcus present in Cervix.

"Deep breath". That was something I dreaded. Because:

Group B streptococcus, or GBS, also known as group B strep, is one of many different bacteria that normally live in our bodies. Approximately one third of us "carry" GBS in our intestines without knowing.

About a quarter of women also have it in their vagina. Most don't know it's there, as it doesn't usually cause problems or symptoms.

However, in rare cases GBS can cause serious illness and even death in newborn babies. Although these cases are unusual, GBS is the most common cause of severe infection in newborns, particularly in the first week after birth (known as an early onset infection)

The threat is possible Puemonia, brain-damage and death. It is a rather potent bacteria for newborns.

...... silence. You should see my expression when the report was given to me.... I was sooooooooooooooooo cool.........I simply asked the Doctor "What can be done now?" The answer, is I needed a "strong anti-biotics all the way till labour and pray hard that baby will be carried to full term and that baby will be fine. Also, once baby is born, blood test will be done to see if the bacteria is present. If so, immediate anti-biotics treatment for baby."

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. "Hello? Jesus you there?"

I decided not to wallow in the images of possible negative results and choosed to claim the vision that Joel will be well. Everytime the negative image comes, I just say "Hey, that's not the image I am claiming." and I start visioning what I want to see coming to pass. You can call that faith, you can call that my "Bull-dogness" coming out again. Yes, I don't know why and how come this is happening, but I just know that my God will not and He cannot fail me. He is NOT like that. He will not play a fool with my Life.

For Johanna, her birth verse was Ps 121. It speaks a million to me and I'll probably share that another time. For Joel, until recently, I did not have a birth verse for him. Been waiting on the Lord to speak to me. However, since Aug, we have decided to name him after this year's verse - Isaiah 54: 2-3

"Enlarge the place of your tent,
stretch your tent curtains wide,
do not hold back;
lengthen your cords,
strengthen your stakes.
3 For you will spread out to the right and to the left;
your descendants will dispossess nations
and settle in their desolate cities. "

We decided to name him 子裔 (Zi Yi) = Descendent of Christ. It has a special meaning for Yifan because he was fatherless. Similarly, Johanna was name after 2007 (the year she was conceived) verse for FCBC, 2 Cor 2:14 子馨 = Fragrance of Christ. Both our children were inspired by the Church's verse for the year. Anyway, what was lacking was a birth verse for Joel.

I tried to comb Psalms again, thinking that it would be something similar to Johanna's Ps 121. But nothing resonated.

Until the Lord spoke today. His birth verse is also from Isaiah 54, esp v 15. The Holy Spirit suddenly spoke to me "No weapon formed against Joel will prosper". When I heard that, with my spirit shaking within me, I quickly refered to the bible and lo- and- behold, Isaiah 54:13-17

14 In righteousness you will be established:
Tyranny will be far from you;
you will have nothing to fear.
Terror will be far removed;
it will not come near you.
15 If anyone does attack you, it will not be my doing;
whoever attacks you will surrender to you.
16 “See, it is I who created the blacksmith
who fans the coals into flame
and forges a weapon fit for its work.
And it is I who have created the destroyer to wreak havoc;
17 no weapon forged against you will prevail,
and you will refute every tongue that accuses you."

I am ABSOLUTELY 100% sure now, that Joel will be totally safe from the bacteria when he's born. God has spoken!

And Joel will hear of this story when he's older. It's God's story with him. :)

Indeed, on 26 Nov 2010, Joel was born. 3 days later, the tests results show "Negative to GBS". My God cannot and DID not fail me!

No comments: